Saturday, September 25, 2010

This post came alittle late but hell yeah, coursework is over! Unlike what I said in my previous post, I actually quite like the meaning behind my work, perhaps not so much of the aesthetic qualities. The feeling's a blurry one, maybe it'll only come to me later because it still feels quite surreal. Bittersweet? I don't know, I'll miss it for sure.

Cried myself to sleep the day itself and I just don't understand why she thinks people need to have the RIGHT to cry. Why must we be so afraid of letting others see us cry? Why should most think it is embarrassing?

Is there anything wrong with expressing our inner most emotions? Why should it be seen as an act of self pity and vulnerability, and why should we stripped of our "rights" to cry if we hold no power to make a change later on? The very reason why I cry is because I feel too powerless and immobilized to make a change, is there anything wrong with being weak? It is only after you truly realize your fear and hit rock bottom that you're able to rise and I dare say I'm much better after that extremely depressing period. I was immobilized then but came out stronger, what was wrong in me crying then? Why should emotions be faulted?

That aside, dinner treat from missK was still great because we talked to her as though she was a long-lost friend. Happy. Told her everything about her that we never dared to mention to her.



School of thought in the afternoon, lecture was the best one I've had. Think I'll look though the notes I've written before I go off to bed, nothing like the usual science and tech, environment, poverty topics, but ones about life and the really pressing issues. We need to have a voice. Perhaps I'll type another day. I noticed nobody went to the toilet at all during the 2.5 hours.

It's already the 2nd last lecture and I think I'll miss those dinner and occasional movie sessions after class with the dudes since we probably wouldn't be seeing each other after that. Somehow. Syl and I got (extremely worth it) jazz albums to exchange, Manhattan Fish Market as usual, and a walk back with Yj to the school opposite accompanied with Jazz and Olivia Ong (yay). Sometimes I really wonder how they, people between friends and acquaintances, view me? Also, I wouldn't mind going back to sot for lessons next year :(

Had a productive session in school with sarah's presence too! One last thing, I don't regret not studying as much in the past because I understood things I never did during that period. Things to help me find a direction in life, and knowing the fact that I place my emotions above everything else. Maybe I'm too tired to explain right now,

so it's good night.

No comments: